A small apartment can be comfortable and visually more spacious if the interior contains the “right” elements. Here are some tips to help you grow your home.
- Choose sliding doors instead of the usual ones. A sliding door can save up to 1 square meter. If you swap them all out, you get a lot of space.
- Use corners and small areas. Put a closet behind the door. Building in drawers in steps – why not?
- Assess the utility of non-standard pull-out elements. This is particularly important in the kitchen – rotating and pulling elements save space.
- Choose a multifunctional piece of furniture. Stools and tables with storage space inside, benches with storage space, etc. – the more functions, the better.
- Benefit from corner pieces and combinations. Sofas, benches, cupboards and shelves give you more space and you will use every inch.
- Put furniture on wheels. Mobile furniture can be moved or set aside if necessary.
- Look for stacked items or pieces with many layers. With vertical storage, you drain the floor space considerably.
- Use the wall above the window. Arrange long, narrow shelves for baskets or boxes there.
- Replace the doors with curtains. Use light or neutral material, it is inexpensive and does not take up space.